Saturday, September 8, 2012

Journey to St. Andrews

Well, I finally made it to St. Andrews! It feels weird. I've been waiting for this day since I read my acceptance letter in December, and now it is here. So I left Houston on Wednesday morning and arrived in St. Andrews Thursday morning (extremely jetlagged, I might add). My parents and I spent Thursday and Friday walking around the town and getting important stuff done (like setting up a bank account, getting sheets, pillowcases, etc.,).

The town is beautiful! The buildings are old and full of history. The North Sea has a wild, rugged beauty to it. I can see the appeal, and I know I'm going to grow to love it here! At the same time, the experience has been a little overwhelming. I know that is to be expected, but sometimes it is hard to deal with. But everybody I have met so far has been extremely nice, and the staff/older students are very helpful when it comes to answering questions.

So I moved in today! I HAVE A HUGE ROOM.  It's way larger than I feel like I should have, but I'm not complaining too much. :) There is a big window in the back of the room and it looks out onto the back garden. It's a beautiful view! Unfortunately, my wardrobe (yes, I have a wardrobe! The entrance to Narnia hasn't appeared yet...) doesn't really match the size of my room, so I've had to be a little creative in hanging up my clothes. Let's just say the bookcase won't be holding any books... It doesn't help that my coats take up so much room! I also met my roommate. Her name is Isabel and she is very nice. We get along very well and seem to have a lot in common.

I can already tell that orientation is going to be exhausting! There are parties and other events going on all the time all week! Tonight there is a Bubble Rave. I'm not entirely sure what that will be like, but I'm guessing it will be interesting. I wondering just how wild things will get. I feel like if I can get through Fresher's week, I'll be able to survive anything here at St. Andrews.
the North Sea!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds fantastic! Have you heard anything about your dorm building stuff? I remember you talking about that earlier.

    ReplyDelete